Monday, October 22, 2007

First Outings

Last Friday we ventured out for the first time as a family of four. We spent the morning at the park and then we walked and had lunch together. Jude slept the entire time we were gone and Noah was very well behaved. Even so, it was exhausting! We didn't go out for the rest of the weekend!
Today, I went out on my own with both Noah and Jude. I piled both kids into the car and we took our regularly scheduled Monday morning trip to the grocery store. I was pretty nervous, but tried to tell myself that it was really no big deal. Noah rode in the cart and I carried Jude in a Moby wrap. The trip was a great success- nobody cried (including me)! The only annoying thing was that apparently carrying a baby and pushing one in a cart draws a lot of attention to yourself. I was stopped numerous times by people wanting to "check out what I was carrying". Oh well, I guess they will just have to get used to seeing us!

No comments: