Thursday, August 28, 2008

To Sum It Up

Today was Noah's second day at preschool. He was in a great mood until we walked into his room and there were 2 other children completely losing it. One was on the floor screaming for his Mommy and one was being held by the teacher while sobbing uncontrollably. Noah immediately started crying and said "stay with me Mom". I told him I would be back in a little while and he stomped his foot and screamed NO. I told him to put his lunchbox away and he screamed NO. I quickly realized nothing I would say or do would make it better, so I just turned around and left.

I returned to pick him up and decided to try out the car pool line. His teacher brought him out and buckled him in the car. As we were driving home, I asked him if he had fun. He quickly responded: Yes, I calmed down.

So I guess we'll go back next Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Olivia cried every morning when getting out of the car. It broke my heart, but I knew I was doing the right thing. There is something to be said for the drop off line. A lot less drama for the parent dropping them off. The teachers can handle it.:)
I did call about an hour after dropping her off to see how she was doing (pretty much everyday). She was always fine.

I have the pleasure of going through it again on Tuesday myself, and I'm not looking forward to it.:)...the crying that is.