Wednesday, February 22, 2006

2 Week Inspection

Noah went to see the doctor today for his 2 week checkup. We were told at our last appointment that they wanted him to be back up to his birth weight by 2 weeks. Today he weighed 9 pounds 3 ounces! I guess that means that breastfeeding is working! :) Everything else checked out great as well- the doctor said that he looks perfect (we already knew that, but it was nice to hear it from a professional). Noah also got his Hepatitis B shot today. He didn't really appreciate the nurse sticking that needle into his leg, but fortunately he didn't cry too much.
Today was day two of staying home by myself. It was quite a challenge to get him ready for the doctor's office and get myself ready. I am becoming an expert at speed showering. I also learned that I am not a fan of driving him around in the car by myself. He had a complete melt down on the ride home and there wasn't anything I could do about it. So I was sweating trying to get home as quickly (and safely) as possible. I don't think we will be venturing out by ourselves again any time soon.

No comments: