Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Week 34

Exactly how would you like your child to enter the world? An increasing number of parents-to-be are creating birth plans. These documents may include everything from medical preferences to environmental concerns (low lighting, soft music, and so on) during labor, delivery, and postpartum. Try to keep the plan to one page or less--busy caregivers may not have time to read it otherwise--and give copies to your doctor or midwife and to hospital or birthing center staff as well. Keep in mind, however, that medical necessity may derail some of your preferences.
We don't exactly have a "birthing plan" but we did talk with the doctor on Monday a little about what we are expecting. Basically I told her that I don't care if I have a c-section and I want drugs. I am all for anything to make it more comfortable for me and my baby! :)

No comments: